SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud Review

They take care of the technical aspects of the data, installations, and patches

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is the SAP infrastructure hosting. We use SAP and we host it in the HANA Enterprise Cloud infrastructure in the SAP data center. It is a service from SAP. They host their SAP service on a private cloud and provide quite technical solutions.

What is most valuable?

One of the features that I've found most useful is that it's very simple. They take care of the technical aspects of the data, installations, patches and all those things, and I don't need to set up my data center. Once my business grows sufficiently when I need I can move to my data center and I can keep it there and I don't need to have a very serious or very senior SAP administrator.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement. SAP manages it much better than many SAP applications but then they do it more like on-premise management. They're trying to improve on that but then they're not fully a cloud tool.

Maybe it is also due to the nature of the application. To some extent it is also due to the nature of the application. It can't be exactly similar to other cloud structure providers but it can be improved.

I have been using SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud for three years.

In terms of scalability, it is pretty good, it can scale up easily.

In my experience, customer service is pretty good. It's very good. I could even upgrade the SAP system easily.

The initial setup, if you want something quick, is very, very good. If you want to have your SAP application quickly installed and ready for application implementation then this is very good.

You just integrate your data with your local LAN network and then plug it in, and after that you implement it. The implementation for it is just like any other SAP implementation except that the technical aspects are mostly taken care of by SAP - technical and implementations, patching and all those things.

SAP installs the system so you don't need to go and get your license, install and patching and all those things. It is very good from that perspective. You have to think of the responsibility role and the responsibility matrix and see if you want to negotiate for those additionally. It will be included in your contract.

It is also better to negotiate some services initially then you don't need to think about setup and things like that.

What other advice do I have?

Security is also pretty good because if you look at most of the SAP systems you do have secure access to SAP with support. Even when you're not on the Cloud they still provide secure access to SAP.

I would advise anyone considering this solution that they should get it. It is very technical, it is very good. One, it is very good and second, they don't need to have a data center to quickly get off the ground since it's everything under one solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate HANA Enterprise Cloud certainly an eight.

To get it to a ten, they should probably offer more cloud services. Most of the cloud infrastructure providers we have make everything pretty transparent, you know what you're getting, you have all these metrics and measurements and everything in the dashboard. Here you have to go through the contracting negotiations and all those things. So mainly it is because of the specializing and connecting but overall customers need them for production then they simplify it.

Private Cloud
More SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud reviews from users
...who compared it with Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2020.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.