SAP HANA Review

Very easy to scale, very reliable, and doesn't require a lot of dependancy once configured

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a kind-of database for our workloads.

What is most valuable?

The solution is extremely stable. That's the most important aspect of the solution, for our organization. There is no downtime, and the performance is very good.

You can upgrade and upscale without any downtime as well. It's excellent.

The HANA appliance is certified and can be seamlessly implemented based on the HANA platform dependency. Everything works. On a daily basis, it runs extremely well.

The pricing is pretty good.

What needs improvement?

I don't think that there is a feature that is lacking. It's quite good as a solution and we're pretty happy with most aspects of the product.

I'd just like to see some more improvements done on the training, both on the functional training and technical training sides as a part of the complete solution.

Currently, training is assumed to be a separate part of the solution. You have to purchase it separately. This should be a part of the solution's mandatory requirements. Most of the time, people fail to purchase training, and they fall back on it afterward, during implementation, as they realize how crucial it is.

I've been using the solution for three years at this point. It's been a while.

The solution is very, very stable. It's reliable and its performance is excellent. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It runs all the time without issues.

You can easily scale this solution. In fact, you can scale it and upgrade it without ever experiencing any downtime. It's excellent in that sense. If an organization needs to expand it, they can do so with no issues whatsoever.

We have a dedicated support person from Cisco that assists us if we need any help. We also have a service level agreement. We're quite satisfied with the level of service. They are professional, knowledgeable, and responsive.

We had specialists that handled the implementation. We didn't handle it ourselves. It would be difficult to comment on the level of difficulty since we didn't manage the setup in-house.

We had specialists from OEM that took care of everything for us. We also had consultants from Cisco. They gave us initial assemblers until everything was scaled properly.

We're pretty happy with the pricing. It's not overly expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with SAP HANA.

I'd rate the solution around nine out of ten. It's practically perfect.

It's a great solution and I would recommend it.

There's some configuration that needs to happen at the outset, however, after that, there isn't much dependency on the technical side, which makes it very user-friendly for companies.

More SAP HANA reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with MySQL
Learn what your peers think about SAP HANA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.