SAP HANA Review

Offers great integration and has bettered our procurement process

What is our primary use case?

We're using the on-premises deployment model.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution did improve my organization. We had some changes to better our organization, especially in the procurement process. Here in the Middle East, we have some processes that are not according to standard business processes. Through our change management processes, we had to re-change or resend our process to adapt it with SAP.

What is most valuable?

Integration is the most valuable feature we use SAP HANA for.

What needs improvement?

FI, or the financial module of SAP, has room for improvement. It has to have some better localization for the Middle East, especially in regards to taxes and the letter of a credit cycle. I would like to see better localization from the HCM.

I've been using this solution for five years.

We are satisfied with the solution's stability.

This solution is fine to scale. It converted great.

We have a technical support contract with a subcontractor from SAP in the from of an SLA, a service-level agreement, divided into four categories. First, second, third, and fourth lines of support. We are satisfied with the technical support.

It was a little bit complex in the beginning, but after gaining experience training through business structures, now it is straightforward for us. Especially, as we are building our internal team now, it is becoming easier and easier.

It took us eight months to deploy because we are running five modules. In some cases, it may take even longer than that.

What other advice do I have?

The biggest lesson learned was that we started late. We all should have started earlier.

Out of ten, I would rate this solution as eleven.