SAP HANA Review

Good performance, and data compression reduces storage requirements

What is our primary use case?

The deployment model used was on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the unique style of this solution, on the performance side and then the data.

The data storage requirement is reduced from the original database to the HANA database.

Previously the data takes 100% storage space, but when moved to HANA, the data was 70% to 75%. The data compression is very high.

If you are using SAP applications, HANA is suitable.

What needs improvement?

I think that the pricing is high and it needs improvement.

In the next release, they could separate the modules from the costing of the database. If they bundle it together with a new affordable price then customers will be ready to purchase it.

They need an affordable price to achieve most of the minimum requirement assets.

I have been using this solution for three years.

This solution is stable.

They keep upgrading to new versions and keep adding new add-ons to this solution. It is helpful to the customers who are ready to run HANA.

The initial setup is not complex to install. Anyone with Windows or a Mac would know the process.

The pricing is expensive and it should be broken into two products.

People who are technical will accept the cost, but financially they will assess whether this solution will bring them revenue or not. People often ask, how will I profit when the cost is so high?

If you value a good product and can afford it, then add it to the business.

What other advice do I have?