SAP HCM Review

Provides talent, recruitment, and learning features, but needs a single integration point and modern architecture

What is most valuable?

I like the talent, recruitment, and learning features the most.

What needs improvement?

I would like it to move more towards a single data space or a single data source. SAP as a platform relies on multiple data sources because traditionally, it has been bolted together by the acquisition of other products rather than a single database. That's why there are a lot of points of failure and a lot of required points of integration. They need a single integration point.

We are using SAP SuccessFactors. I know of and have been exposed to SAP for about 10 years.

I work with companies to determine whether SAP needs to be replaced or not. I do transformation programs. These transformation programs determine whether the existing system is SAP, whether it's fit for the purpose, and whether it should be changed to something like Workday because of the features Workday has. I don't physically use the product.

I wouldn't say so. We, as a company, experience regular problems with it.

It is scalable.

I have not personally dealt with them.

SAP is extremely expensive. The integration costs and customization costs are also a lot.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend a more modern version of it. My experience of SAP is with earlier versions. SAP is an aging system, so it doesn't stack up against tools like Workday.

I would rate SAP HCM a seven out of ten, but it really depends on the use cases. It depends on why and for what a company is implementing SAP. There are many elements of SAP.

I don't think it would ever get to a ten in my view because there are other products that are better than this and work in a much easier, simpler fashion. As a product, SAP is very complicated and complex to use. The only thing to do is to move towards a more modern architecture for SAP. I don't think that's ever going to happen, so I wouldn't ever give it a 10.

Private Cloud