SAP HCM Review

The SAP JAM and Apps have made it social media- and mobile-friendly.

Valuable Features

Integration with FI and MM are the best features. The localization packages and, of late, the Rapid Deployment Solutions have proved to be immensely time saving and thus have made SAP implementations monetarily viable for the SME sector. The cloud-based package extension for SAP HCM, which is named SucessFactors, has added a new dimension to the ERP functions. Features such as SAP JAM and Apps have made SAP ERP HCM social media- and mobile-friendly.

Improvements to My Organization

In the process of implementing SAP HCM, the ASAP roadmaps guide the client to streamline the various processes associated with HR. As a result, every area within the scope of HR comes under the scanner. Hence, from the hierarchical framework to grouping employees as per shifts or paydays and pay frequencies, everything gets streamlined.

Room for Improvement

Processing large volumes of data during processes such as payroll is time consuming, which could be an area to work on.

Use of Solution

I have been working with the SAP HCM module for over nine years.

I have not encountered any stability issues so far.

I have not encountered any scalability issues so far.

The support that we have been getting has been great.

I did not previously use a different solution; I have always been associated with SAP.

Other Solutions Considered

I work on a contract basis as an SAP Consultant, and clients contact me only after SAP has been chosen.

Other Advice

Select the solutions carefully. SAP has a lot to offer, but which solutions are required for your company and what is financial viable for your company can be a tricky decision to make. So, first have insight into what every solution and module has to offer. Finally, every step of ASAP should be followed religiously. I have seen companies losing their focus while implementing, just because the TO BE Document should have been more comprehensive.