SAP HCM Review

Easy to scale out to three different regions and pull reports based on those regions

What is our primary use case?

I was using it mostly to keep the employee data and employee qualifications.

We were using the on-premise version.

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to pull a report this year that included region and status. We were able to give that report to the head of our HR.

What is most valuable?

The master data where most of the reports were run from was the most valuable. We were quite satisfied with this module.

What needs improvement?

It is a bit tedious and manual to work with.

At first, it was impossible for us to pull up a report of employees by status and region, though this was eventually fixed. Going forward, they should fix more things in the reports. E.g., I want to see on the reports the age of the employees, their position, their salary with their salary scales, and any promotions that they have had. People want to see these reports.

I have been using it for three to four years.

The stability was nice.

It was easy to scale out to three different regions.

There were about 50 users, but about 10 to 15 users were executives approving the subworkflow in the system.

The support wasn't that good. The implementation team didn't want to respond to issues. It took about three days to come and help us understand the system.

I think they used the SAP acceleration methodology for setup, but I joined the organization after the setup.

The deployment took a year to make it fully work.

Go for SuccessFactors. It is the easiest to run, quite flexible, and user friendly.

By the time I was leaving the company, they were planning on buying new equipment (probably SuccessFactors). This depends on government budget though.

What other advice do I have?

It can be used for personnel demonstration, time management, and business development.

Without systems nowadays, especially in HR, I've a problem because most decisions in HR are made based on data. If you don't have data to report on, that means the business' success will not be supported by data.