SAP HCM Review

An all-round good solution for HR related processes that's stable and offers good technical support

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for managing all the HR related processes including personnel, administration, employees, master data, organizational structure, and payroll.

What is most valuable?

All of the core processes are very valuable aspects of the solution. These include personnel, administration, organizational structure, and payroll.

What needs improvement?

The organizational structure visualization could be improved in future releases. The solution has a very poor interface.

I've been using the solution for about nine years.

The solution is very stable. I've never faced any issues in unpredictability.

The scalability of the solution is similar to other SAP products. It's okay. You can expand a license to include more customers, even if you've started with only a few users.

The solution is stable, so I didn't need to reach out to technical support very often. When I did, they were helpful.

In the normal process, you need to open a ticket with SAP and view a response or search on the marketplace for any SAP notes for fixing certain problems. That's normal process for all SAP modules; it's not HCM specific.

I typically come into the picture after the solution has been implemented, so I can't speak to how straightforward or complex the setup is. How long deployment takes depends on customer requirements. For us, I believe it took about two months. I believe you'd need a team of three for the initial deployment of the solution and two people to handle the maintenance if you are a medium-sized company.

What other advice do I have?

I used to be an HCM consultant.

In terms of advice I would give to others considering the product, I'd say that implementation needs dedication from the customers. They need to share their requirements from the beginning. Key requirements shared at the beginning will ensure a smooth implementation.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten. With better visualization and a better interface, I would rate the solution higher.