SAP HCM Review

Good organizational management functionality and technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use SAP HCM to store and manage organizational data such as OM data, job profile data, solution data, HC data, and call center data.

Currently, we are in the process of migrating our SAP HR system to Workday. This is the process that I am involved in at the moment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is Organizational Management (OM).

What needs improvement?

This solution needs to be more configurable and user-friendly.

People who work with HCM need to have the proper knowledge of coding.

I have been using SAP HCM for more than two years.

The scalability is good. We have between 1,000 and 3,000 users.

I have been in touch with technical support once or twice. Our problems were resolved very fast so I would say that the support is good.

We are currently in the process of migrating to Workday, which is more user-friendly.

The two solutions are similar; Workday has improved on some of the things that SAP can do, whereas SAP can do some things more efficiently. Also, SAP can do some things that Workday cannot. One example is the address formatting. For example, in India, the format of addresses is different than in the US and some other countries. We have had challenges mapping the addresses to Workday from SAP.

With Workday, you do not need to be a program developer.

What other advice do I have?

SAP HCM is a solution that I recommend. It is a good product, but if it were more configurable and you did not need to develop as much code then it would be better.

More SAP HCM reviews from users