SAP Hybris Commerce Review

It's reduced costs and time to market with centralized content and streamlined processes, however, I would like to see a better way to upload products, like Excel.

What is most valuable?

• Integration
  • Multi-channel
  • Reduced costs and time to market with centralized content and streamlined processes

How has it helped my organization?

All products reside in SAP and all other systems access and update their products and prices in one place. It reduces redundancy

What needs improvement?

Sometimes it's slow in accessing products. Also IMPEX upload was complex. I would like to see a better way to upload products, like Excel.

I've used it for two years.

It's great.

It's great.

We had a custom built solution previously.

It was not complex in terms of set-up. Only the design of products and their relation is complex. Also, the multi-country product set-up was kind of complex.

We used a vendor.

1 visitor found this review helpful
2 Comments

author avatarConsultant at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees

Hi Venkat,
Here are some answers and suggestions.

1. Sometimes it's slow in accessing products.
System response time heavily depends on:
- the number of SKUs you have
- how well designed your catalog structure is
- the extent to which you have optimized your Solr indices and queries
- how well your hybris caches are utilized (you need high hit ratio)

2. Also IMPEX upload was complex. I would like to see a better way to upload products, like Excel.
- hybris imports via Hot Folders and CSV but your CSV structure must match the ImpEx headers - just reorder your Excel spreadsheet columns to match the ImpEx headers and export to CSV. The import your products via the hybris Management Conosole. My testing dates to version 5.4. The current version of hybris is 5.7 and things have improved dramatically.
- Yes, ImpEx may be a bit inconvenient at first but it is DB agnostic - you choose from MySQL, HANA, Oracle, or SQL Server. Like with any new technology it, you will have to overcome the hurdle of learning it. Fortunately ImpEx syntax is fairly straightforward and there is a fair share of examples that come OOTB with the hybris Accelerators

author avatarLead/Sr Ecommerce Developer at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees

Yes. what you said is true. My point was it should be easy for business to upload instead of developers.