SAP Hybris Commerce Review

Includes all of the e-commerce features that a client could possibly need

What is our primary use case?

There are multiple use cases. I work with multiple clients, and each client has multiple use cases. My clients are mostly B2B and B2C clients and they are all involved in different areas of business. For example, I work with luxury clients, clients in construction, and clients in the medical field, too. They are all different in terms of project size. Some of my clients have just discovered SAP Hybris and want to integrate it; they just want to test it out and see if it works for them.

What is most valuable?

SAP Hybris provides us with all of the e-commerce features that a client could need. For example, when we want to build an e-commerce project, we literally have everything we need to get started. The checkout process, order management, email management — everything comes integrated and ready-to-use. This is the strength of SAP Hybris.

What needs improvement?

The stack needs to be improved; they need to start using more new technologies. Technically we're still using GSP tags and GSL which are old technologies. Now, SAP Hybris has a new project called Spartacus. So, it's getting better, but there is still room for improvement.

Currently, they don't offer support for mobile applications. Most of the projects I work on are web projects. I have never worked on a project using SAP Hybris that had mobile applications.

I have been using SAP Hybris Commerce for four years.

It's rare that you'll find a bug in this solution. It has a strong code — well tested. This is one of the many strengths of SAP Hybris.

We've never experienced any problems when it comes to scaling. It's really open to modification. Scalability-wise, I don't think there's an issue.

They have a team for support. We had some cases where we needed some answers from technical support; they were happy to help. Sometimes, when we begin a new project, experts from the SAP Hybris team will actually review our code and tell us if there are any patches that we need to fill. They really care about providing for their clients.

If you haven't worked with SAP Hybris before, then the initial setup will not be easy. If you have no previous experience with Hybris, then it will be difficult to start. Still, the documentation is well designed and very detailed.

This is an expensive solution. All of our clients are big. If you're a small business, then there's no need to use SAP Hybris; it's really only for big projects. Although it's expensive, it's worth it.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

More SAP Hybris Commerce reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about SAP Hybris Commerce. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.