SAP Identity Management Review

Although the performance needs to be improved, we have ​faster identity management.

What is most valuable?

NW IDM is extremely flexible. With a small amount of effort you can integrate the basic provisioning for most of the commonly used modern systems.

How has it helped my organization?

Faster identity management integrated in user-friendly UI interfaces.

What needs improvement?

• DB Logic implementation
  • Performance

Three years.

Yes, usually environments are complex and different - the OS varies from Windows to IBM AIX and Oracle Solaris, thus there might be different issues regarding deployment - however most of them are due to customer specifics not the actual product.

Yes up to SP07 there were some issues with the dispatcher stability. There are also some issues with the UI, the ACLs and performance - depending on the configuration and Identity DB size.

No, everything depends on the way the DB is maintained. When you have a well maintained DB then scalability is not an issue.

Very good expertise.

Very good expertise.

Not a product similar to NW IM in regards to its functionality and ways under which it could be operated.

Initial setup up for setting a plain Identity Center is straightforward and simple.

Implementation is done by me.

I do not know as I am on the other end - I am setting up, configuring and developing customizations for IDM.

No other options evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

Provisioning framework, if not configured correctly could result in huge issues. Before even starting, you need to get a full picture from the customer on the Identity life-cycle process with all the smallest details. Missing anything here makes things very complicated with the project development.