SAP Jam Review

We value the social interaction, news feed, notifications, and content management.

What is most valuable?

We really value the social interaction, news feed, notifications, and content management that promote internal communication and the sharing of information. We also love the ability to create project specific Team sites and Group Sites for business units. The security is strong.

How has it helped my organization?

All employees, from the CEO to the warehouse personnel, have access to Jam and contribute to the news feeds and consume content. It has been very well received by most employees.

We have replaced our company intranet with Jam. During the next phase of this project, SAP Employee Central, we will be replacing an antiquated “Time Off” system, which has been well received in the pilot testing group.

What needs improvement?

Built-in ‘integrations’ with other SAP products could be better. We use a SAP HCM product as well, but synching data is a tremendous issue. It requires much help from consultants, multiple scripts, and multiple files to load all the information.

I would think that all SAP products would use a singular base platform and information could be shared easily among products. Since Jam and SuccessFactors were purchased by SAP from another company, the integration is not innate.

The product has been very stable so far with few, to no, outages. Most issues surrounded integration with our SAP HCM and SAP Employee Central.

So far, we have not had any scalability issues. We are up scaling to the SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central within the next three weeks.

Technical support has been outstanding. SAP is responsive and helpful.

No previous solution was in place.

The initial setup was fairly complex because of integration issues. The initial implementation was delayed due to issues with our implementation consultant. The consultant is a third-party implementation specialist for SAP products, not SAP.

I am not aware of pricing or licensing, as I was not part of the purchasing or evaluation process.

I was not involved in the process.

What other advice do I have?

Use cloud integration. We are using a hybrid solution which has caused issues in integration with other SAP systems.