SAP Lumira Review

We’ve created several dashboards that display large sets of data in an insightful and easily digestible way. It needs more functionality when creating visualizations.

What is most valuable?

Ability to quickly and easily create visualizations with large datasets.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Each quarterly upgrade has new features, but then existing features tend to break. This is highly frustrating and affects existing Lumira documents.

It also needs more functionality when creating visualizations (basic functionality exists; would like ability to do more complex functions).

It additional could use greater ability to manipulate data in the Prepare tab.

I've used it for one year.

There have been no deployment issues.

At times, Lumira will crash and/or the save function doesn’t work. These seem to happen when the program has been open for a long period of time (several hours).

Lumira doesn’t handle large datasets well. I needed to bring in multiple years’ worth of data recently, but was unable to due to the size of the dataset.

Technical support is good. I contacted SAP about an issue on a Friday afternoon and was able to speak with an SAP rep on Monday morning. The matter was not resolved, but SAP was very responsive over a period of several days.

We had no previous solution was in place.

The initial setup was straightforward.

I wasn’t involved in the decision. A key decision maker in my organization uses Tableau and raves about it. I believe we went with Lumira since it was part of the SAP product stack and thus complemented our existing SAP tools.

What other advice do I have?

Choose a few people to become super users with Lumira (one business user and one technical user), and allow them to champion the product and teach others what they’ve learned. Watch YouTube videos!