SAP Lumira Review

User friendly and easy to learn. I like the charts and graphs, geo map and the integration with ESRI.

Valuable Features:

The connection almost covers our main RDBMS and SAP products. Users can fix, operate datasets, and build a story on top of it. Especially for HANA live and HANA offline connections, its performance is pretty good and operate data live. What impresses me most are the charts and graphs, geo map, the integration with ESRI, and the third part of designing geo maps. What’s more, you can integrate with other third party APIs and design your own charts. Last but not least, you can publish not only a dataset, but also the whole storyboard to cloud, BIP, and the Lumira server, which makes it easy for your team to share, view and edit.

Improvements to My Organization:

I would say Lumira is very user friendly and easy to learn for a business analyst and their clients. It removes dependency on IT, and a business can sometimes build their own story from a dataset. That’s a huge improvement for our organization.

Room for Improvement:

It has some limitations when operating BW data, and has limited functions when mixing different data sources. Also, the publishing and sharing integration with BIP and other cloud products needs work.

Use of Solution:

I've been using it for two years.

Deployment Issues:

There were no issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

We've experienced no issues with performance.

Scalability Issues:

It's been able to scale for our needs.

Other Advice:

This product is amazing and changes how people think of the relationship between IT and businesses. It makes processes easier and faster and enables businesses to know exactly what they need so that their storyboard becomes more accurate and easy for them to present.