SAP Master Data Governance Review

A good company process management tool that does what it says but is not user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for the product is for master data management and the company IP.

What is most valuable?

I think it is quite difficult to say which feature I like the most because it is just a company process management tool. We have to use it. It manages a perspective of what we do. The most valuable thing is what it does.

What needs improvement?

What SAP needs to do for this product is to improve the user-friendliness of the dashboard to make sure they are going to have a more user-friendly product in the future. Another task for SAP is to accommodate China's local requirements because this product is still a global one. Sometimes what the module does will not fit so well for Chinese user requirements. It needs to be more global-aware.

We have been using SAP Master Data Governance for about 10 years.

Stability is built into the product.

I do not think that there are any scalability issues with SAP. We have had no problems and expect to increase usage.

Our company has global support from SAP. They are responsive and do what we need.

The cost of the product is not ideal. It will be matched centrally by the global act for us. We have some help with the cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend SAP MDG to others who are looking into implementing it. If a company is already using SAP, then there is no doubt that it is a good choice. MDG is the preferred choice for SAP users. If they do not use SAP, the choice will be based on the detailed requirements for the company — the business requirements — to pick the right product.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate SAP MDG as maybe a seven-of-ten.

More SAP Master Data Governance reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about SAP Master Data Governance. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.