SAP Master Data Governance Review

A good master data management solution for large enterprises

What is our primary use case?

We're a consulting company in the area of procurement solutions, where product and supplier master data builds the base for any Spend Analytics, Strategy and any Automation Scenarios. Majority of our customers use SAP MDG especially for Supplier Master Data.

Our customers are integrating their central SAP MDG with procurement solutions for self-registration and supplier profiling including supplier qualification, supplier performance and development. The central SAP MDG is also used as master data hub to distribute Central Master Data and Supplier Master Data into the different back end systems like SAP ERPs and Non SAP ERPs and others.

What is most valuable?

A good solution for large enterprises.

What needs improvement?

The price can be improved.

It follows the SAP standard rules and governance for master data operations and follows change and release management rules according to SAP standards for IT operations. It offers the full SAP administration and governance, and it's quite a stable and professional product.

SAP Master Data Governance is a scalable product.

Technical support depends on the size and type of company. Multiple support levels are available.

Installation is straightforward. I don't think there's a big difference between this and other products.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend SAP Master Data Governance to new customers, especially large companies.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give SAP Master Data Governance an eight.

More SAP Master Data Governance reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about SAP Master Data Governance. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.