SAP Master Data Governance Review

It helps with enforcing strict workflow and audit control, but it could benefit from integration of its components through a central console.

What is most valuable?

• Integration with ERP

• Standard Content

• Workflow

• UI

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped standardise processes, enforcing strict workflow and audit control, as well as controlling data input, and reducing duplicates.

What needs improvement?

It could benefit from integration of its components through a central console and reduction of ABAP code for custom functions using 4GL.

I've used it for eight years. We use it alongside SAP MDM.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

Customer Service: It's good.

It's good.

It's primarily used in SAP ERP landscapes where integration with other vendors is a challenge due to the native structures and data model of SAP ECC. Both MDM and MDG have a strong integration layer for SAP ECC instances.

It's complex, as most implementations require ingestion of data from multiple sources, definition of matching and merging rules, creation of workflow for data entry, as well as publishing data to multiple sources.

Implemented through my team for clients. Any implementation should have a robust business case and a supportive executive sponsor. It is imperative to understand the business requirements clearly upfront, and work with an experienced SI in a transformation type programme to get the maximum benefit.

This is very subjective and would depend upon the type of implementation as well as the business case, degree of adoption, etc.

What other advice do I have?

SAP MDG is the only product available from SAP in the MDM space today and should be considered when working with a SAP ECC heavy landscape, or when the target environment is SAP centred.