Every enterprise deals with multiple
simple to complex business processes to run their operations. These
processes may be automated or are managed by paper based approach. Today
most of companies have done several rounds of implementations or are in
final stage. So companies are now focused on simplifying and
streamlining their business processes to increase their throughput.
SAP BPM as a modeling tool and management
practice provide large set of features and flexibilities to manage
business processes at enterprise level providing integration approaches
to SAP as well as non SAP systems.
Why you should use SAP BPM to manage your business processes?
SAP BPM as process management practice
- Zero to go live in significantly reduced time.
- More transparency to higher officials and drastically decreased process lifecycle.
- Reduced human intervention and reliable execution of operations while streamline SAP and non SAP systems integration.
- Integration of Business Rules Engine which leads to real time change
and execution of business rules. No / less development efforts
- Real time business process reporting feature which gives you insight
of bottlenecks and time consuming stages in process lifecycle.
- Execute assigned tasks while you are on the move via mobile devices,
laptops with authentication, security and role based access provided by
SAP BPM as process management tool
- SAP BPM provides very user friendly designer with drags and drop
functionality to design a business process much faster. Comes with
Palette containing rich set of tools to help in flexible and robust
- Business user can design a business process in SAP BPM with basic knowledge about tool.
- Business Processes are easy to maintain via SAP BPM. New steps can be added, removed very easily.
- SAP BPM is capable to handle large context data handled by BPM
asynchronously at runtime. Maintaining process context was never so
- SAP BPM maintains versions of changes in business process internally.
- BPM provides capability to integrate Java WebDynpro, ABAP WebDynpro
and Visual Composer as UI technologies, Web Services and Email
- Standard Java WebDynpro components can be used in BPM without any additional API requirement.
- Good security at step and swim-lane level with flexibility to manage users efficiently.
- Tasks delegation and forwarding is possible in BPM. User can define rules for forwarding and delegations.
- Allow tasks to carry attachments and notes. Allows to invite task contributors at runtime.
- Compatibility for BRM integration provides it cutting edge over
other technologies. BPM project provides internal BRM design and
- BPM processes are handled in Universal Worklist by default.
Considering the flexibility,
security, good designing and better end user experience make this
technology my favorite for business process designing and as management
practice. Hence my vote for selecting a technology for business process
designing goes to SAP BPM. SAP intended to enhance this experience with
further SAP NetWeaver releases.
Disclaimer: The company I work for is partners with several vendors including SAP
Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, IBM, Camunda and others in Business Process Management. Updated: May 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.