SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse Review

Powerful solution with good security and audit procedure features

What is our primary use case?

I'm an IT manager and my use case is implementing MSAP 4800 in my company. It's an FMCG company and we have 2,000 callers and sales representatives and we implement all the models. The product is being used by about 80% of our employees. Our plan is to increase usage and we're about to change the management procedures to convince our employees to use it as a primary tool for all work production.

What is most valuable?

The security and audit procedures are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

I think more integration with other applications would be perfect.

I've been using SAP NetWeaver Business for about eight years.

The product is very stable and solid.

The product is scalable and very powerful.

I have my core team in the company and second level support through SAP partners and then the SAP company is our third level of support. We do our own escalation but if we can't do it ourselves, it's done by the partner and if they can't do it, SAP gets involved. We have about six people in the team who deal with deployment and maintenance.

Prior to implementing SAP, I used some local ERPs but finally, I found this to be the most powerful platform. So I switched from local ERPs to the SAP.

I recall that the initial setup had some complexity. We failed in one implementation and we succeeded in another one in 2015. We hired a professional consulting company to implement for us.

I think the product is a little bit expensive and there are additional costs above the standard licensing base which we pay extra for.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to follow the best practices without making amendments or changing more than 20% in the SAP environment. Following procedures and best practices adds value to the company because the ERP comes to the company to change the procedures. The attitude would be anyone choosing the ERP must follow the best practice and stick to the SAP rules.

We had the product deployed on-premises but nowadays I'm doing assisted recovery work, so we have moved to AWS cloud.

I would rate this product a 10 out of 10.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)

ECC 6 EHP 8
Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Microsoft, Teradata and others in Data Warehouse. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.