SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Review
It brings increased efficiency and consolidation of tools needed for managing IAM in large corporations but it needs better UI customization.

Valuable Features

I find it an excellent tool for data synchronization and cleansing. I also like how easy it is to extend the product.

Improvements to My Organization

As a consultant, I have found SAP IDM to bring increased efficiency and consolidation of tools needed for managing Identity and Access management in large corporations. It also helps with the centralization of audit and security based tasks.

Room for Improvement

The product needs better UI customization and the administration console is outdated in this version.

Use of Solution

I've used it for 11 years. For SAP centric organizations, I would rate it 9.5/10.

Not in this release.

None.

None.

Mid-range, it is not uncommon to file a technical support request and then have days pass before getting results. It’s better to go to the product forum for support sometimes.

Identity management is never easy to setup. One cannot begin to implement this solution without extensive requirements and discovery analysis throughout the entire organization.

Other Advice

Before doing any configuration, gather requirements for use, and document use cases. Even if you are having a consultant come in to do the setup and initial configuration, have one or more people attend training. Document everything.