SAP NetWeaver Review

Very stable and it doesn't require any extra tools to keep it running

What is most valuable?

I like that I don't need any extra tools to keep the solution up and running.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an improvement in the price of the solution because it is very expensive. I would also like to see an easier user-experience.

We've been using SAP NetWeaver since 2001.

It's a very stable solution, since you have it in place and it does what you want it to do. You don't need any extra tools to manage it and to keep it up and running.

I don't think the solution is scalable. For instance, if we want to scan something, two to three walls, we must use a different approach, different architecture, etc. We know that if we change it, we must go to something different. Something perhaps radically different. Perhaps something small, perhaps something simpler. So right now we are trying to figure it out.

We have used the technical support team once, and their service was very good.

The initial setup was not very easy. The point is that you don't do it every day - it's something you do once every few years. That is why it is difficult. The deployment is a five-year process because it's constantly being deployed. We take five years in the project to create an environment and then we start using it. We have our own technical team, a specialist technical team, that come to our country for five years to help us with this.

It's a very expensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be to know what they want to implement and then to leave it in the hands of the external team. I think it's a complete solution - if you want to do something, it has that module or that solution. It is a very holistic approach.

The solution is not very easy to use, though, as it takes a lot from you to understand how to do everything. It's not something that you can learn in six months or one year. It is a constant learning process. I would, therefore, like if they were to simplify the program to make it easier to use. On a scale from one to 10, I would give a nine. I think it's a very good product.