SAP NetWeaver Review

Good data analysis and allows SAP data to be more useful, but doesn't integrate well with Salesforce

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our day to day business, and we use the solution to analyze the data and arrive at actions based on that.

What is most valuable?

We strongly rely on our SAP data. We need access to the information to analyze it, so the solution allows us to make use of the data that we get from SAP. This is the most valuable aspect of the solution.

What needs improvement?

The scalability should be simplified. We're in many countries and every time we do a change in one place it should change everywhere and needs to scale more data across the board.

The solution needs to better integrate Salesforce. It is a key player in the market and a lot of companies are looking for a lot more integration around it.

Every time we do an integration with SAP, it's a complicated and it's expensive. You also don't know if it's working or not. We need a connector that allows you to easily integrate it.

The solution is tricky to update and it ends up being expensive to do so. This is generally the case with SAP products.

I've been using the solution for four years.

I'm unsure about the stability of the solution.

The scalability of the solution is limited. There are potentially hundreds of users on the solution currently.

I don't think that we contacted technical support. We might have, but I can't speak to the experience.

The initial setup was complex. We had a lot of professional services around the setup and especially after version 9 because it was like doing everything all over again. For some reason, we could not upgrade our version 8. We had to do a new installment and had to migrate all of our applications again.

We had assistance with a third party, but there was room for improvement in terms of handling the implementation with them.

Generally, the solution is expensive to update and integrate with other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I don't have too much experience with the solution, except from a procurement perspective.

I'd advise others to try to understand the extent of how much they want to use it. If they decide to go on-premises, they need to consider how much they will use the application and for the data they will want or need.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. We're not completely satisfied, but from a procurement perspective, it's a fair rating. If the integration capabilities were better, I'd rate it a bit higher.