SAP Portfolio and Project Management Review

Integrates well with SAP models, but doesn't integrate with performance trackers like Jira

What is our primary use case?

We mostly use it for project management, portfolio management, demand management, and resource management of projects.

What is most valuable?

The integration portion with SAP models is valuable. We have an environment we use mostly with SAP products. Our project and our SAP PPM solution are integrated with all the models.

What needs improvement?

We have a department for software development, and it would be valuable if SAP integrated seamlessly with some products like Jira and Bitbucket. It'll help if it can be integrated with these products for tracking team performance in the project.

I have been using SAP Portfolio and Project Management for three years.

The stability is good, and I have nothing bad to say about it.

It's scalable. We have all the solutions in our systems department, and there are no problems.

The initial setup for SAP Portfolio and Project Management was complex. It took us about a month to implement this solution.

We mostly work with a vendor. In Turkey, there are many vendors for SAP products, and we work with many of them.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users that they must see the big picture. The main problem in my department is that I can't make group resource management in SAP products because I have a tool which is called Jira in other departments. Looking at the big picture before buying a product is my advice to others.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give SAP Portfolio and Project Management a seven.

Private Cloud
Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Microsoft, Broadcom and others in Project Portfolio Management. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.