SAP Predictive Analytics Review

Easy to implement, good data forecasting and reporting

What is our primary use case?

We are a consulting company and we provide services such as those offered by SAP Predictive Analytics. We use this solution to forecast data based on what the customer is interested in predicting. We push all of the data to SAP, perform analysis on it, and generate reports.

How has it helped my organization?

At this point, it's too early for me to judge the accuracy and performance of SAP Predictive Analytics because we have only just been working on basic data. Next quarter, I hope we get some more feedback from our customers on larger amounts of work that needs to be done, on the order of millions of records. With that, we will see the accuracy of the models the solution generates. As of now, I'm not able to say because we are still working on it and need more time.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the analytics and reporting.

What needs improvement?

This solution works for acquired data but not live, real-time data. If we connect it to a live backend system then we cannot perform predictive analytics on top of that. We have to first upload data to the cloud, manage the staging environment, and then perform the analysis.

In the next release of this solution, I would like to see more automation in generating the models. The system can suggest the dimensions and measures that should be used, and pre-populate some of the information based on that. Power users would not have as much need for this, but this type of automation would be very helpful for business end-users.

We have been using SAP Predictive Analytics for about four months.

I have not experienced any issues.

We always purchase SAP support because it is very good. They give you the maximum attention and it is really quite amazing.

The initial setup is straightforward and simple.

The length of deployment depends on the environment. It is a cloud-based deployment and for us, it was a seamless integration. However, if there are firewalls and other network aspects to consider then it may take four or five days.

A free trial version is available for testing out this solution.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is researching this solution is to try the free trial version. I would suggest they explore Discovery Insights and Discovery Reports, as well as how it integrates with other reporting tools.

This solution has been good for me so far, and I am continuing to explore the analytics.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.