SAP Predictive Analytics Review

Enables us to forecast and pull trends and has an easy installation

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this program as a customer management system. We're looking at optimizing customer portfolio management and improving the aggregated lifetime values of the portfolio from one period to the next.

What is most valuable?

Well, this is difficult for me to answer because that's more on the team side. But I think the features of the actual ability to forecast and pull trends and correlations have been really good.

What needs improvement?

We've looked at the ability of customer churn, propensity to develop customers and ideas of what makes the ideal customer. We are reaching out to try and predict from a database of what customers would be matching.

I've been using SAP Predictive Analytics for only a couple of months now.

I have found that the solution is very stable.

We haven't looked too much into the scalability of the solution, but we are fairly confident that it would meet whatever scale we're looking at. It wasn't a turn-off for us from the beginning but we haven't actually attempted to scale.

It's possible that my team have used the technical support but I can't say how their service was. I haven't heard any bad reports yet, so I suppose the technical support is good.

No, we haven't used another solution before.

The initial setup was straightforward and we are still busy with the deployment. It is an on-going process and we may need to call in the help of an integrator or consultant to take it to the next level.

I am not sure what the exact costs are, but I believe it is reasonable.

We looked at Alteryx and we ran it for a while but we moved over to SAP Predictive Analytics. Alteryx couldn't do what we wanted it to do. We wanted a template of stuff that had been done previously, and we wanted some ideas on how to get started. We found that Alteryx was very, very weak in that area.

What other advice do I have?

My rating for SAP Predictive Analytics would be an eight out of ten. If I have to be bold, I'll probably say that we're building away hours, and we are actually putting a lot of the actual predicting stuff back into the warehouse. So running it very bi-directionally. So I'm not sure what its integration features are at the moment, but that's an area we're going to look into in the next month or so.

Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Microsoft, IBM and others in Data Science Platforms. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.