SAP Process Orchestration Review

Great integrations with a unique setup that is easy to use

What is most valuable?

The solution makes it easy to solve integration problems. Most ESBs and most integration we do, we find it helps solve a lot of integration problems.

The solution is easy to use. SAP used to be difficult. It was known for being difficult, however, the feeling is quite understandable. The way it's been extracted, the way it's model-driven, it's a very unique product.

What needs improvement?

The main job for building, developing, on the tool is the NWDS. That is a NetWeaver Development Studio, and it has some technical things you cannot do unless you switch over to the web version. Therefore, you find yourself switching between tools. You find yourself in contracts, with issues, errors, and all that. They should perfect that.

Other than improvement in what it's currently doing, I do not have anything in mind in terms of a new feature that I would like to see. It just an improvement of what is already available.

The usability, for example, is an area where it can be improved upon.

We've been using the solution since 2018. It's been a few years at this point since we first launched it.

The solution is very stable. It doesn't have bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's quite reliable.

As it is with most SAP solutions, the set-up for the scaling, we don't have experience with that. We are just using a single server, a single point of failure. We don't have experience with scaling.  That said, my intuition tells me that it's going to be a bit complex. It likely scales. The question as to how easily it does is what I can't really speak to.

Mostly, our team does the technical support. It's our own technical team that would handle any issues. For that reason, we have not had any direct technical support encounters or any reason to escalate to SAP Global as of right now. For that reason, I can't really speak to their level of knowledge, helpfulness, or responsiveness.

The initial set-up was done by a different team. Our business team handled it for the most part. I'm a developer and didn't really play a role in the implementation.

My understanding, however, is that it's not a very straightforward thing. It can be a little bit complex. In order to get different properties, you need to put together different materials.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a custumer. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

The last I checked, we were using the 7.5 version. It may have since switched to 7.6, however, I'm not 100% sure. We typically use the latest version of the solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this product at a nine. We've been pretty happy with it overall.

7.5
More SAP Process Orchestration reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with Mule Anypoint Platform
Learn what your peers think about SAP Process Orchestration. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.