SAP Replication Server Review

It has a catalog with the location of all the objects which have been replicated, but the OLTP Application and Transactional needs improvement

What is most valuable?

Warm Standby, because you can read/write very easily, if necessary. Just unlock logins.

How has it helped my organization?

Yes, We had a standby open where all reports were executed on it. It is possible to create temporary objects on standby, in similar products it is impossible to do this.

What needs improvement?

OLTP Application and Transactional.

For eight years.

Yes, but they were always was solved by support.

Yes, but it is possible to use in cluster systems.

10 out of 10; very high quality.

Yes, we used Oracle GoldenGate, but only to receive data from other applications.

It's complex. It's necessary to understand a little about infrastructure, like network LAN and VLAN environment.

I don't have this information.

Yes, Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle Data Guard, but both have less features than Sybase.

What other advice do I have?

This product has a catalog with the location of all the objects which were replicated. It's very simple to maintain.

For version 12.5, some operations on roles management could be easier. But in version 15.7, there are more alternatives.

12.5
Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Quest Software, Vision Solutions and others in Database Development and Management. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.