SAP Replication Server Review

Stable, easy to setup, and good domain modeling, but the interface could be enhanced

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for replication with a modern data platform for data analytics.

How has it helped my organization?

Currently, there is a Hadoop-based infrastructure with several engineers to maintain the data. Now, using SAP Replication Server, it has become automatic.

It requires fewer people to put data in the data warehouse.

What is most valuable?

We can customize any workflow and we also like the business domain modeling that can be done.

What needs improvement?

The user interface can be made similar to other startup operations that provide data connections on the spot.

I would like to see it become mobile-friendly. It is currently the direction everyone is interested in. We are still primarily interested in PCs, where every dashboard and every interaction occurs.

We have seen that 90% of people are using smartphones. The interface is adopted to the mobile where it is easily accessible.

SAP Replication Server is stable.

We are replicating in one location. One-to-one, it is working fine.

When we replicate more than one location, we will explore this area further.

We have approximately 1,000 users in our company.

Technical support is perfect! I would give them a 100 out of 100.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is easy.

It's a very expensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

We have a separate team that is working with the SAP Server applications. I am researching the SAP connectors to connect with our database.

We have to learn more about this solution before we can recommend it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Quest Software, Vision Solutions and others in Database Development and Management. Updated: July 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.