SAP S4HANA on AWS Review

In-memory is very fast and the interface is a highlight

What is our primary use case?

The use cases for this solution will depend on our customer's industry. It can be manufacturing, retail, HR, etc..

What is most valuable?

The Fiori interface is the most valuable feature. It's one of the highlights that they offer. The in-memory of S4 is very fast.

What needs improvement?

Not just S4 but for SAP in general, the price is a little high because they have implemented a new licensing scheme on a number of connections. The price being too expensive is some of the feedback we get from our customers.

In the next release, I would like to see more support for more cloud providers. Because right now it's only AWS and Azure that it certifies.

I have been using it for the last four years.

We have five to fifteen users consisting of our application team, infrastructure team, and some of our clients.

For the maintenance of this solution you would need first, second, and third-level, so around five people in total.

Their support is very good. They respond quickly.

The initial setup is straightforward because they have templates that you can use to build on it. In terms of how long it takes to deploy, if it's basic it can be done within a day.

There are a lot of factors, if there are migrations it usually takes around three months plus.

What other advice do I have?

Planning is very important before undergoing an S4 implementation and upgrade. The functional components need to be planned and tested thoroughly. Otherwise, the lines will not be met. Try to do a Greenfield implementation because it will be much simpler.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud