SAP S4HANA on AWS Review

Scalable with many available modules and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We only provide the infrastructure, not the solution. We use just the infrastructure that we provide to our customers and customers include the system integrated to deploy the SAP S/4HANA inside the AWS infrastructure. The customer likes it that way.

In every organization, there are several systems including project management and production planning. They can get integrated in a way that they can actually link up with all these departments and get common visibility. Clients use SAP for that.

What is most valuable?

SAP is number one in the world in all the years I've used this solution. There are other ERP solutions such as Oracle (EBS). There are other ERPs and different ERPs, however, SAP is number one in terms of providing the complex modules so that the customer can have complete automation and complete visibility.

The solution adds great value to any organization.

The solution is very stable.

The scalability is good.

What needs improvement?

The product can be very complex.

It is not extremely user-friendly.

If you want to learn SAP S/4HANA the resources are not available and it's very difficult to learn. We found that aspect very difficult.

I've used this particular solution for over three years, however, my total experience on SAP S4HANA, and in terms of providing infrastructure for SAP solutions, I have more than 13 years of experience now.

The stability is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. The solution is very reliable.

The solution scales well. You can integrate almost any application with SAP and you can pull data from SAP or input data in SAP.

We have more than 20 SAP clients, however, only five are on the cloud.

AWS support is very good, although it is expensive.

The solution is rather difficult to set up. It's not simple or straightforward. Only a few people know how to install SAP in our country.

That said, I do not install the solution myself. We only sell the license. Our customers have someone else handle the implementation, which may take about 20 hours or so to deploy.

We are not a service provider or deployment provider for SAP and therefore, we do not handle maintenance. We do resale only. For that, we have a pre-sales team of two members and we have a sales team. We sell licenses only.

If clients are setting up the solution as an infrastructure as a service, they have to bring on their own license.

What other advice do I have?

We are authorized to sell SAP. We only provide infrastructure licensing.

If our client's company would like to deploy SAP S/4HANA on the cloud, then we provide the AWS infrastructure or Huawei infrastructure to clients to deploy.

SAP B1 customers are not taking infrastructure from the cloud. They are directly taking the SAP B1 as a service on-premises. S/4HANA has separate modules that you can have on cloud models, and we do provide the cloud infrastructure to deploy S/4HANA.

We use infrastructure as a service for SAP S/4HANA deployment, though AWS has a separate offering where you can have a platform as a service offering, meaning that they will provide the infrastructure and provide SAP.

We highly recommend the solution to others and find that every year we have more and more clients implementing it.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

More SAP S4HANA on AWS reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Cloud
Learn what your peers think about SAP S4HANA on AWS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.