SAP S4HANA Review

Interface suits all users, high database performance, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

We are using SAP S4HANA for supply chain management, production planning, and material management. We have connected systems that have intelligent optimization for production planning outside of SAP S4HANA.

What is most valuable?

I have found the most valuable features are the interface, which is very good for all users, and the database performance is good. Additionally, we have more service APIs to communicate with third-party solutions or systems, such as cloud systems or other participants, than in our last ERP system.

What needs improvement?

In an upcoming release, it would be beneficial to have more practical intelligence in the system, such as protective maintenance, or artificial intelligence. This would not be too complicated to provide nowadays. If you have a mission learning or artificial intelligence, you have to have it in the cloud and have cooperation between the ERP and the cloud. It is not as good as it could be.

I have been using this solution for approximately four years.

We have had no problems with the stability of this solution.

The scalability of this solution depends on the hardware and the platform you use. If you have fixed hardware, then you need more effort to have scalability. If it is on the cloud, such as Azure, it is a lot easier to scale. The software itself is very practical and scalable.

The technical support is very good between the service levels.

The installation is straightforward.

We did the implementation ourselves.

The solution is expensive. There are many discussions surrounding the topic of third-party indirect usage of SAP solutions. If you have a third-party system and you have a connection to the SAP system, should this third-party usage qualify as a cost or not. It is very complicated to handle with the SAP organization.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend those wanting to implement this solution to make sure their internal IT departments are trained well to be able to educate the teams.

I rate SAP S4HANA an eight out of ten.

More SAP S4HANA reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with PeopleSoft
Learn what your peers think about SAP S4HANA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.