SAP SQL Anywhere Review

A very fast and reliable solution, but the interface could be more user-friendly

What is most valuable?

We've found the solution very reliable overall.  It's very fast.

What needs improvement?

The interface is not easy in comparison to the SQL Server. It could be more user-friendly.

I've been using the solution for eight years.

I don't have any experience dealing with technical support.

We have a complex solution, so the initial setup was not easy on Microsoft SQL in the past. The setup with SQL was easier.

SQL Anywhere cost us about $400.

What other advice do I have?

Right now, we are changing to SQL MUL because Microsoft SQL is not so good.

SQL Anywhere is easy and it did not cost as much as SQL Microsoft. SQL Microsoft was slow, especially with the huge amount of data that we have, but SQL Anywhere is faster for the deployment of our data.

For us, our customers were trying to figure out how to pay less, and the answer was SQL Anywhere. We found SAP SQL Anywhere more efficient than the SQL Server. We change all our submissions to SQL Anywhere. SQL Server is very good, but SQL Anywhere is better, at least, that's what we've found in our experience.

SQL Anywhere is not complex, SQL Server is very complex, but we can create a procedure in SQL Anywhere and it's very simple to do so. It can even create a report for VMB. We recently created one and it was easy.

I would rate this solution seven out of ten.