SAP SQL Anywhere Review

Has valuable auto-backup replication and is user-friendly

How has it helped my organization?

The auto-backup replication is a perfect feature. That is the feature I liked the most.

I also like that we can reduce the size as needed for the cache.

In SAP HANA, you have to write a query in double-quotes which is very easy, interesting, and user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

A problem we are experiencing now is when doing a backup in SQL 2012 and 14 there's a problem with the license. It's an automatic backup and does not get scheduled in version 12.

I have been using SAP SQL Anywhere for eleven years.

The stability is very good because it is user-friendly. My customers also mean customer users, who are very flexible with their SQL, with SAP. Because they can write or export any queries or any reports on their own if they want to.

But in HANA, it's not difficult to connect routers. SQL is much more comfortable for everyone.

Scalability is good, the recovery is good. The stability is very nice.

I have encountered one or two issues. But one of my recent customers crashed their server. Backup recovery is hard, you are unable to do the backup. After the key backup, that backup is done during the install.

In our office, we have one database expert for SQL. As I understand, we can easily get answers from Google or any search engine. It took a few days to figure out a solution to a problem we were experiencing.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's very easy to download and run. It's like "next, next, next" and you put the server name and then create a password, and that's it. Then it's done.

I am satisfied with the pricing. It's a lot cheaper than other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate SAP SQL a nine out of ten. It's a good product and easy to work with.

Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Microsoft, Oracle and others in Relational Databases. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.