SAP SuccessFactors Review

Good integrations and a great user experience, but missing a few features

What is our primary use case?

We primarily provide this solution to our clients. It's an HTM solution and talent management is included within it.

What is most valuable?

Generally, it is quite an integrated product.

In terms of user experience, it is quite good.

There are quite a few features, such as AI, machine learning, et cetera, which are embedded right in the solution. The solution can interact with the cloud and you can do app development and tasks like that with it.

It's pretty good for reporting. It's done pretty easily.

I really like the integrity of the solution.

What needs improvement?

There are a few features that are missing. There are specific features on the HTM, such as telecom safety, that just isn't there. It's not a very detailed solution in that sense. However, it is maybe not expected to have those kinds of features on the surface level of the product.

We haven't used the solution for too long. We've only really used it for about a year or so now.

The solution is very stable. We haven't faced any issues in regards to bugs, glitches or crashes. We find it reliable.

We haven't heard anything about problems related to the scalability of the solution. It is quite scalable, in fact. Being on the cloud, the solution is definitely scalable. I believe Success Factors are implemented in many multi-national companies with large numbers of users. It's know to be a scalable solution.

Since it is on the cloud, the technical support required is pretty minimum for us. The technical support is provided by SAP and SAP Solutions it is generally okay.

They don't need any technical people from their partners or the implementation company, due to the fact that it is provided by the product, which is the vendor who supplies the product.

Companies may need them near the beginning of the implementation, for setup purposes to discuss items with the client. However, once it's established, the need for technical support of any kind drops off.

The initial setup is quite straight forward. It's not complex due to the fact that it deploys to the cloud.

For us, it was what they expected, and it was very straight forward.

We have our own team that manages the solution in house. For Success Factors, generally, if we use the standard solution, and there are not too many customizations, then it requires maybe a maximum of five people to maintain everything. Generally, maybe more in the beginning, it may be a few more people. However, as the system stabilizes, it's probably five maximum. Five to ten people, maximum, are needed.  That's quite a large acknowledgement, I would say, if I'm honest.

We are using a cloud service that has been assisting us. In our case, we just asked for the system and they deployed it for us.

I don't want to comment on the license cost, to be honest. It could be about $1,000 approximately per customer. However, it's very flexible in terms of the licensing costs depending on the volume and depending on the deal of installation.

If people don't really accept the discount, they've always got other businesses that will discount, so pricing is very fluid and flexible for companies.

What other advice do I have?

We are a platinum partner with the company.

The solution is a very good product. It's very stable. It has lots of great features and lots of support available from SAP. The product vendor has a great system connected to a lot of SAP systems overall. It's open to connectivity with other systems.

I would recommend Success Factors any day.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. There are a few features missing overall. If they had a few more, I'd rate them higher.

More SAP SuccessFactors reviews from users