SAP SuccessFactors Review

Good performance management and business processes with an easy deployment process

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the performance management system. Under the performance management system we monitor the target, the objective of the employee, and have the assessment on the employee as well as the final result in order to track employee performance.

What is most valuable?

The performance management system of SuccessFactors is very valuable. We can set the goals and then the business process flow.

We can have goals reviewed and approved and then we can submit them to the system. We can review things and get self-assessments. Managers can add comments.

We can track and measure our goals from mid-year reviews to progress. We can calculate excess money in relation to goals and can self-calibrate. Overall, it's excellent performance management.

The deployment process is easy.

The business processes on offer are excellent.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to offer more languages. Many in Indonesia, for example, are not so good at English. In this product, English is the default language. We need to translate it to our main languages, which is difficult.

The pricing of SAP is quite high.

It would be good to have tutorials for employees. If we had something to distribute to them to help with a general understanding of the solution, it would be quite helpful.

I've been using the solution for around two years or so.

The stability of the solution is very good. I don't have any downtime and the solution offers very good availability. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very reliable.

The scalability of the solution is quite good. It can provide services to many companies and many business units.

In Indonesia, we have 250 employees that are on SuccessFactors. Globally we have about 4,000 users, however, I can't speak to how or if it is used elsewhere.

Currently, the solution is only for the supervisor, manager, and the head of business. However, we are considering expanding to more staff in the future.

In Indonesia, we mostly deal with Hong Kong. There's a team member in Hong Kong that works closely with our SAP consultant. I'm not sure of how responsive the consultant is as I don't deal with them directly. However, our project manager is quite good and understands this product well. When there are issues, he usually can handle them.

While I only have experience with this solution, in the last company I worked for, we also use OrangeHRM.

The initial setup is easy, however, we need to explain to the employee about the process of the performance system due to the fact that, for the most part, they don't know how much is processed in their performance management system. We'll give direction and then it's easy for them to handle. We'll also follow up to make sure they understand and everything makes sense.

It's my understanding that the licensing is paid on a yearly basis, however, I cannot speak to the cost. The project manager handles that aspect of the product.

It's my understanding that SAP as a solution is quite expensive.

I did evaluate other options. Typically, I look at local offerings. However, due to the fact that our company is multi-national, I've only really looked at SuccessFactors for this particular work. We don't really have the capacity to decide locally.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution.

I would recommend the solution to other users.

The main pain point, however, is the price. It may be why not all employees in Indonesia end up using it. However, the business processes are very good.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We're mostly quite satisfied with the solution and its capabilities.

More SAP SuccessFactors reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Oracle HCM Cloud
Learn what your peers think about SAP SuccessFactors. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,768 professionals have used our research since 2012.