SAP SuccessFactors Review

Gives you more configuration options, but needs more mature cloud solutions for Time, Benefits, and Payroll

What is most valuable?

SuccessFactors is a cloud HCM solution, though still missing out-of-the-box (OOB) integration.

What needs improvement?

It need improvement on its integration side. Plus it should have some mature cloud solutions for Time, Benefits, and Payroll, which are still missing parts in SuccessFactors.

More than three years.

SuccessFactors was down completely for one day. All the companies which were using the Amsterdam datacenter were down from 8:00 in the morning to 18:00 in the evening. Production, QA, Training, and Dev with all their instances were down.

SuccessFactors has some limitations when it comes to scalability. SAP On-Premise was more scalable.

SAP is doing well for support.

Initial setup was straightforward.

Workday was evaluated with SuccessFactors. Workday was not able to accommodate some of our customizations, so the company decided to go with SuccessFactors, which gives you more configuration options.

What other advice do I have?

Integration is challenging and companies are struggling when it comes to integration between SuccessFactors and other systems. I will recommend to put more thought and effort for integration and make an intelligent decision.