SAP SuccessFactors Review

Enabled us to efficiently manage our personnel and has the ability to set and review goals

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use this product for employee management. This includes an objective assessment of money made, creating performance reviews, and recruiting new employees and management.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved my organization by enabling us to efficiently manage our personnel.

What is most valuable?

The features that I have found most valuable are the ability to set and review goals, and the ability to manage performance in general.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what needs improvement, in Employee Central, one of the features that I think SuccessFactors really lacks is the ability to view the time off of all employees at an organizational level. We have had instances where some of our clients wanted a version where at a glance, we can have an HR analytics that shows who is on leave, or has been on leave and when. You have that at a team level and at a peer level, but you don't have it at an organizational level. When you have to put together an agreement on leave with your client this is very lacking.

Also, it would be helpful if they could improve its ability to localize the product to Nigeria.

I have been using this solution since early 2017.

I think it's a stable solution. We have not had any issues with its deployment or use. It's been stable, so I don't know if there are any issues because we haven't had any challenges around it.

My impression of SuccessFactors is that it is quite scalable. For example, we have clients who have slightly above 800 employees who are using it. We have clients that have over 1000 users using this. I also read online a few months back about a Russian bank that uses SuccessFactors with about 75,000 employees. It's the same product. All you need to do is to get different licenses.

If we had any issues that we were unable to resolve, we can always receive support from SAP. We raise an incident with them, and they respond depending on your priority. If you put priority one, it's almost an instant response. They reach out to you within an hour. On that call they asses the true priority level. If it's something we have to resolve as soon as possible, they will. While if it's something that is less of a priority, they will change the priority to something lower. But what I find is that at the end of the day, you always get a very good response from SAP.

Actually I haven't used a different solution.

The initial setup is straightforward because there are templates and best practices. We can just click on the button from the online center, deploy it into the system, and it sets it up for us.

The time it takes to deploy depends on the requirements and it depends on the number of modes that you deploy. As long as you have clear requirements from the client, it can take between three and four months. It doesn’t take too much time to deploy as long as you have clear requirements.

I work for a partner. I did the deployment with some of my team members.

Before choosing SuccessFactors, we compared other industry solutions, including Microsoft. But Microsoft's HR product is really not top line in this part of the world.

What other advice do I have?

I think the advice I'd give is that it's a nice solution. It's easy to deploy. It's so easy to use. You really don't need to know much about coding or be a highly technical team to be able to use it. It’s very easy to use. For example, for the traditional ERP that SAP had before, you had to be instructed to work with it. This one is really straightforward.