SAS Activity-Based Management Review

It helped determine the organization's true cost of providing its products but there were deployment problems because the installation was extremely difficult.

What is most valuable?

The product is designed for very specific accounting based projects such as cost allocation and maybe transfer pricing.

How has it helped my organization?

The product helped determine the organization's true cost of providing its products and services to customers.

What needs improvement?

The interface is poorly designed and could really use an improvement to compete with other comparable software.

I've been using it for three months.

There were problems because the installation was extremely difficult and there was a lack of support from the vendor.

User role role based access is required to operate the software. This causes some instability when working on projects.

No issues encountered.

SAS has generally pretty good service. However, for this specific software there didn't seem to be a lot of resources dedicated to supporting it..

The original software was owned by another company, and SAS acquired them. There was some level of backward compatibility but it wasn't that smooth of a transition.

It's very complex so the software needs IT support to install. Mid-tier servers with role-based access are required to connect the users to the actual server.

It was an in-house implementation.

Fortunately, the software did not cost us much as we were able to be obtained through a software bundled agreement.

It cost a lot of in-house resources to get this product to work. The software itself was not very expensive through the agreement we had with the vendor.

No because legacy models were created in this system, we had to use it. There are a wide range of other options in data analytics that could provide similar capabilities.

What other advice do I have?

Only implement this product for very specific purposes, if you need very complex scalable accounting projects. You need an IT support team to deploy and maintain this software.