SAS Enterprise Miner Review

Good GUI, an easy initial setup, and very flexible

What is our primary use case?

I'm working on a research project and we're trying to create clusters of homogeneous residents with respect to their ability or their risk of generating pressure ulcers.

What is most valuable?

The solution is able to handle quite large amounts of data beautifully.

The modeling and the cluster analysis and the market-based analysis are the solution's most valuable aspects.

I like the flexibility in that I can put SAS code into Enterprise Miner nodes. I'm able to do everything I need to do, even if it's not part of Enterprise Miner. I can implement it using SAS code.

The GUI is good.

The initial setup is fairly easy to accomplish.

What needs improvement?

I don't know if there are any features this solution needs.

While I don't personally need tutorials, I can't say that it wouldn't be helpful for others to have some to help them navigate and operate the system.

I've been using the solution for many years. I don't know the exact number, however, I can safely say it's been more than five.

The stability of the solution is excellent. I've never witnessed any glitches or bugs. It doesn't crash or freeze. I've found it to be reliable.

I've never seen any limitations on the solution when it comes to scalability. However, I don't know what's possible. I don't know to what extent people might want to apply it, and whether it's going to be scalable or not. It suits my needs perfectly.

Dozens of people use the solution within my organization.

Although I have had issues on the solution in the past, I have never called technical support to assist me. I've always been able to handle them myself. Therefore, I can't speak to the quality of service.

I previously worked with SAS as a STAT package.

The initial setup is not complex. I find it to be quite straightforward.

I use it for research purposes and we use it to analyze research data. So it's not an ongoing deployment.

I work at a university, so the solution is maintained by the school. There is a tech services department that takes care of any maintenance required on the solution.

I handled the implementation myself. I didn't need an integrator or consultant to assist me in the process.

I don't deal with the pricing of the solution. I don't know what it costs the university.

What other advice do I have?

I use the latest version of the solution.

For me, SAS Enterprise Miner is not a standalone product. It's an effective tool, however, for data mining, especially for large amounts of data.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

More SAS Enterprise Miner reviews from users