SAS Enterprise Miner Review

Good technical support but too complex and not open-source

What is our primary use case?

We primarily just use the analytical tool section of the solution.

What is most valuable?

The stability is okay.

The technical support is very good.

What needs improvement?

We really don't like the protocols the solution offers.

The solution is much more complex than other options.

We've been using the solution for three or four years, however, it may have been a bit longer.

I don't recall having issues with stability. I can't recall if there are bugs or glitches.

I don't really know to much about the scalability of the solution. It's not something I generally dealt with.

I've contacted technical support in the past. I'd say they offer enough of a level of service to us. We're pretty satisfied with their level of service. SAS internal support is very qualified and if we have any issues, we contact them and trust that they can help.

We are thinking to replace SAS with something like Anaconda. Actually, we are using Anaconda with Jupyter NET, however, we need to collect more details about Anaconda and other open-source analytic tools that could replace SAS.

I don't have too much information on the initial setup, however, it's my understanding that it's quite complex.

We'd prefer it if the solution was open source. That would make it less expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We're using Enterprise Guide simultaneously with Enterprise Miner.

From my perspective, I believe that open-source analytics tools are closer to fitting our needs. We prefer open-source options like Anaconda. They offer good support and features. Anaconda also integrates well with Jupyter NET, which is important for us.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I'd rate the solution at a five. If there were better protocols and wasn't as complex as it is, I'd rate it a bit higher.

More SAS Enterprise Miner reviews from users
...who compared it with Anaconda
Find out what your peers are saying about SAS, IBM, Knime and others in Data Mining. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.