Sas

SAS Visual Analytics Review
It enables forecasting without a background in statistics, but data preparation and management need work.

Valuable Features

• Visual analytics
  • Reporting
  • Predictions features

Improvements to My Organization

We have detected a high margin group of customers with very little work.

Room for Improvement

Data preparation, and data management need work, as without Enterprise Guide, if you use SAS/VA alone (not SAS/VA pro), it will be hard to do the data preparation.

Forecasting is a very easy tool to use, and you don't need a great background on statistics. However, if you need to do forecasting with many groups of data in an industrialized way, then SAS/VA is not a suitable solution, because forecasting in SAS/VA is easy, but it needs a lot of manual work.

Use of Solution

I've used it for one year, alongside other SAP products such as SAS/Enterprise Guide.

Data preparation problems, as SAS/VA needs a big, aggregated (all columns) table to work well. We didn't know the importance of data preparation.

We work in the cloud, and therefore it was quick and easy to implement.

I would rate them high as they're good and quick.

I would rate them high as they're good and quick.

I knew Business Objects and QlikView. I started with SAS/VA because the client needed prediction and forecasting features.

Implementation Team

I used a vendor team whose expertise was high. There was also a third party consulting team, with high-medium expertise

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The initial cost is just for the licenses, and the day-to-day cost is the consulting services.

Other Solutions Considered

We also looked at Qlikview. It was good at visualization, but poor about prediction and forecasting features, so we chose SAS Visual Analytics.

Other Advice

It's important to have a data preparation tool like SAS/Enterprise Guide if your data model is complex or your volume of data high.

4 visitors found this review helpful
85a7ec30 462f 42fa ace5 03d21edfb1d2 avatar?14388623022282fb22 fd06 4041 9587 1473110416e9 avatar?1441785668Leadbide249810 avatar 1433419453?1433419450Anonymous avatar x30

1 Comment

87cca1f0 a9a0 4463 bbb4 5700953f87fd avatar?1440514964
Deb PineVendor

Great to hear feedback from a long term real-world situation!

Like (0)25 August 15
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About SAS Visual Analytics?

Our experts can help. 242,381 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.