Sas

SAS Visual Analytics Review
It enables forecasting without a background in statistics, but data preparation and management need work.

Valuable Features:

• Visual analytics
  • Reporting
  • Predictions features

Improvements to My Organization:

We have detected a high margin group of customers with very little work.

Room for Improvement:

Data preparation, and data management need work, as without Enterprise Guide, if you use SAS/VA alone (not SAS/VA pro), it will be hard to do the data preparation.

Forecasting is a very easy tool to use, and you don't need a great background on statistics. However, if you need to do forecasting with many groups of data in an industrialized way, then SAS/VA is not a suitable solution, because forecasting in SAS/VA is easy, but it needs a lot of manual work.

Use of Solution:

I've used it for one year, alongside other SAP products such as SAS/Enterprise Guide.

Deployment Issues:

Data preparation problems, as SAS/VA needs a big, aggregated (all columns) table to work well. We didn't know the importance of data preparation.

Scalability Issues:

We work in the cloud, and therefore it was quick and easy to implement.

I would rate them high as they're good and quick.

I would rate them high as they're good and quick.

Previous Solutions:

I knew Business Objects and QlikView. I started with SAS/VA because the client needed prediction and forecasting features.

Implementation Team:

I used a vendor team whose expertise was high. There was also a third party consulting team, with high-medium expertise

Cost and Licensing Advice:

The initial cost is just for the licenses, and the day-to-day cost is the consulting services.

Other Solutions Considered:

We also looked at Qlikview. It was good at visualization, but poor about prediction and forecasting features, so we chose SAS Visual Analytics.

Other Advice:

It's important to have a data preparation tool like SAS/Enterprise Guide if your data model is complex or your volume of data high.

4 visitors found this review helpful
2282fb22 fd06 4041 9587 1473110416e9 avatar?144178566885a7ec30 462f 42fa ace5 03d21edfb1d2 avatar?1438862302Leadbide249810 avatar 1433419453?1433419450Anonymous avatar x30

1 Comment

87cca1f0 a9a0 4463 bbb4 5700953f87fd avatar?1440514964
Deb PineVendor

Great to hear feedback from a long term real-world situation!

Like (0)25 August 15
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About SAS Visual Analytics?

Our experts can help. 213,655 professionals have used our research on 5,586 solutions.