SAS Visual Analytics Review

the best tool for insightful and analytical dashboard development and reporting

What is most valuable?

Majorly, SAS is a statistical analysis tool and the statistics incorporated within the VA/VS of a business intelligence tool is quite sufficient. It enables the users to generate insightful reports rather than just descriptive reports. Automated mechanisms of dissemination of reports to business users on emails doesn’t require them to login to the portal to view the reports. The alert generation feature also helps in sending out ad hoc messages to the business users if business thresholds have been crossed. Reports for administrators help customers to follow up on the usage of SAS VA/VS and can also contribute in understanding how to improvise the usage of the tool. The licensing policy of SAS VA is not user-based, but it’s based on the volume of data to be loaded on SAS VA.

How has it helped my organization?

I cannot comment on this since I belong to an organisation who sells and implements this tool, but our customers are satisfied with this tool.

What needs improvement?

• Colours used on report objects
  • Look and feel
  • Nested calculations

I’ve used this solution for approximately two years.

No, as I mentioned earlier the licensing policy for SAS VA is flexible according to data volumes and concurrency of development, and it isn’t user-based.

Good.

That depends on the environment. There are two different setups: Distributed and Non-distributed deployment. I cannot comment on the complexity of the installation and configuration.

Know your data volumes needed for reporting, and project your data growth for at least five years to size your servers right!

I sell and implement this tool. The evaluation is always at the customer end.

What other advice do I have?

Go ahead and do it! It’s the best tool for insightful and analytical dashboard development and reporting.