SAS Visual Analytics Review

Simplifies report designs and quickly displays tables and graphs

What is our primary use case?

We use Base SAS to extract IIS logs and prepare them for analysis. Then, we load them in SAS Visual Analytics to feed the reports that we made (tables and charts). We use dynamics dropdown lists to add interactivity (such as year/month).

How has it helped my organization?

Simplifies report designs and quickly displays tables and graphs. Time is not wasted thinking about what I want, then waiting for 30 minutes before seeing the display was not it.

What is most valuable?

The speed to display charts and react to users' choices is great. We use different  charts and they added some new ones since the last version which are great to display what we have to show.

What needs improvement?

The charts and tables could use better sorting, primarily using other variables than the ones on the figure. If they could implement views like in the older version (previous to Viya), it would be very nice.

Less than one year.

3.2
More SAS Visual Analytics reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about SAS, Tableau, Microsoft and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.