Sauce Labs Review

Has helped keep the project turn around time on track

What is our primary use case?

The Primary use caes would be the following :

• Using the device farm and also using the ability to use the virtual and real devices for the purposes of software Quality Analysis testing.
  • There are projects that sometimes require a variety of devices to perform software testing on and having the repository of devices to choose from that my company might not have greatly assisted with this use.
  • Especially in handling massive loads of users. Since there is virtual emulation as well as device farms with actual devices this allows a great number of devices for a team to test with.

How has it helped my organization?

Sauce Labs has been a saving grace for our company. More so in recent years if I'm going by my own personal experience.

When you consider the positive plus points relative to having multiple devices, especially with the recent pandemic being under lockdown as well as just a general work from home situation before. Having Sauce Labs farm has been greatly beneficial to many people within the organization and has helped keep the project turn around time on track.

Supplying devices to a testing team of possibly close to one thousand testers and developers is a great undertaking but Sauce Labs has made this very easy and a welcomed solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is as I mentioned would be the benefit of having mobile devices on hand even if it's virtually so in abundance for our testers In my company.

Another positive is having an up to date device farm and virtual emulation of devices. The time it takes to allocate and purchase devices on the scale it would normally need is completely deducted from the issues we would have to face from a day perspective or even project-wise. On top of that, having to maintain these devices would be another undertaking and require resources that we as a company do not have to concern ourselves with anymore.

What needs improvement?

If I had to speak of an area that could be improved it would probably have to be the speed of interaction with the devices. There is at times a considerable amount of lag while using some of the virtual and at times even physical device farms. While this is absolutely better than not having it situation Sauce Labs certainly would benefit as well as we the user would certainly benefit from gaining a software interaction speed boost. Having it more consistent would be greatly appreciated if the long run. This is the only thing affecting the testing time at the moment and can even be seen as a disadvantage in comparison to having an actual physical device in hand.

i have been using saucelabs for about 6 years or so within the company I work for

Stability-wise it's just okay. The speed of this software needs to improve a lot of possible.

Very good as it has the ability to appeal to a lot of users despite some lagful moments.

Customer service is good. I have personally not had an issue myself but from those that have it has never been anything but positive .

I have not personally used another solution prior to Sauce Labs.

Pretty straightforward for the most part.

We deployed with an in-house team.

In terms of projects, it's per-project basis. So it varies but it certainly has saved time.

I'm unaware if my company has done so but I imagine they did and still chose Sauce Labs as the best option.

What other advice do I have?

It's certainly worth a try if anything . I can confirm it has definitely been a help to myself and the company I work for and it probably will do the same for others.

More Sauce Labs reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Sauce Labs. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.