What is our primary use case?
It is usually used for manual and automation testing for different browsers and OS.
1. Running image comparisons on different devices
2. Run test cases on mobile and desktop OS and browsers
3. Running test cases on both production and QA
4. Sauce proxy helps us to run tests locally
5. Sauce lab analytics provide better experience to analyze failures and get run timing of test cases
6. Using it for both manual and automation
7. Can help to do compatibility testing of code in different OS
8. Reduce manual overhead
How has it helped my organization?
- It increases cross-browser testing and reduces cost in purchasing and managing devices
- Helped team to run test cases locally on OS and browsers
- Reduce device cost and handling, We lost many devices earlier
- Ran test cases through Jenkins and capture results in a cool format
- Easy to debug issues in all supported devices
- Running test cases on both production and QA
- Running image comparisons on different devices
- Sauce l=Lab analytics provide a better experience to analyze failures and get run timing of test cases
What is most valuable?
1. For automation, it is really helpful as it provides logs and videos of test cases executed
2. Parallel test execution helped us a lot to reduce test time
3. No maintenance of real devices
4. Sauce lab analytics: It helped us to get detailed knowledge on test cases execution and logs
5. Sauce proxy: Helped to run test cases on an internal network
6. Very easy to enable for automation
7. Vast devices and OS combinations helped us to keep track of world trends and usages
Helped us in testing IE devices is really beneficial
What needs improvement?
Improve easy way to automation testing and generate script automatically while running manual test cases on Sauce.
1. When running manual test cases, provide us a way to record and playback the same steps
2. Provide JIRA integration plugin so that we can easily log issues.
3. Provide easy way to create scripts automatically for manual steps and use sauce labs UI to execute it again
4. Sauce labs should provide their own email client and easy to send email in that user session
5. One-click setup for sauce proxy
For how long have I used the solution?
I am using it for the last four years.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
It is really cheap and fast.
Which deployment model are you using for this solution?