Sauce Labs Review

Helps me scale my automation environments

Valuable Features:

I find the API to integrate with my script runner invaluable. I can annotate jobs and get results to display in my CI server. For more complicated scripts, the secure tunnel is extremely useful when automating a 'private' application.

Improvements to My Organization:

Running WebDriver scripts in house for a single, or few browser combinations is easy but once we started to scale up both in terms of browsers and parallel execution maintaining the grid became a pain so we offloaded it to Sauce. Now we have more combinations that we had before and don't have to worry about scaling our script execution ourselves.

Previous Solutions:

Before starting to use Sauce, we used an internal Se Grid running on a mix of local machines and both local and cloud VMs. The upkeep needs to keep the machines patched and healthy became increasingly a burden -- especially with a run of bad luck with AWS saying that instances were being shut down due to 'performance degradation'.