Sauce Labs Review

Helps me scale my automation environments

What is most valuable?

I find the API to integrate with my script runner invaluable. I can annotate jobs and get results to display in my CI server. For more complicated scripts, the secure tunnel is extremely useful when automating a 'private' application.

How has it helped my organization?

Running WebDriver scripts in house for a single, or few browser combinations is easy but once we started to scale up both in terms of browsers and parallel execution maintaining the grid became a pain so we offloaded it to Sauce. Now we have more combinations that we had before and don't have to worry about scaling our script execution ourselves.

Before starting to use Sauce, we used an internal Se Grid running on a mix of local machines and both local and cloud VMs. The upkeep needs to keep the machines patched and healthy became increasingly a burden -- especially with a run of bad luck with AWS saying that instances were being shut down due to 'performance degradation'.

More Sauce Labs reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Sauce Labs. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.