Sauce Labs Review

We've tapped into their API, so that our testing suites contain reliable information we can validate across the platform, switching between Sauce results and our own.

Valuable Features:

With only a few months of service under our teams belt, it has been nothing but excellent. We joined during the web interface transition and it is a more enjoyable experience. Once tapped into their API, our testing suites contain reliable information we can validate across the platform, switching between Sauce results and our own. This obviously makes troubleshooting much less daunting. Their documentation system is much improved. We rely on their services for mobile iOS and web testing across several projects.

With the rebranding and a focus on providing physical device testing. Sauce seems capable of being a top service provider now and into the future.

Improvements to My Organization:

We run eight virtual iOS simulators with our suite of over 280 feature tests. Parallel runs reduce our total execution runtime to a little over 2 hours. By adding some clever logic into our driver class for Sauce, we can send tests to random device configurations to achieve greater coverage without running the entire suite against every device. Interacting with the API makes this easily possible. We don't need to use Sauce Connect and perform each session configuration within our driver class.

Room for Improvement:

The only caveat to mention, is the availability of the next release of iOS on their systems. Their adoption seems a bit slow. I understand Sauce is making an effort to enhance their current infrastructure to make updating to the latest iOS release easier in the future.