Sauce Labs Review

There is a huge amount of open source, community provided resources

What is our primary use case?

We capture bugs before they make it to production. Once the setup is done, the automation tester focuses on automation testing. Without worrying about infrastructure, we let our testers shine, and ultimately, be more effective.

How has it helped my organization?

Sauce Labs has been very important to our project. We have used Sauce Labs to run our builds for both mobile and desktop web applications, as well as for nightly regression builds. The only reason we have stopped using Sauce Labs is due to project budget and the removal of an automated QA resource. Still, we have hooked up a pretty spiffy Jenkins and Sauce Labs in conjunction with several third party web-metric systems (such as YSlow) to capture a nightly set of performance data.

What is most valuable?

Sauce Labs has one of the best infrastructures available for browser automation, and it keeps getting better. You have a huge amount of open source, community provided resources, which allow you to do almost anything right away.

What needs improvement?

Integration with Github, as well as several other similar tools, could be improved. However, Sauce Labs appears to be on that track. With all of the innovations that they have made over the past year and a half, I am looking forward to the changes they have planned for the future.