Sauce Labs Review

They offer a large number of devices and browser/Operating system combinations for real device tests

What is our primary use case?

Sauce Labs was very easy to use for basic needs, but using Sauce Connect was very confusing. I am a technical person, but the documentation needs to be a little more easy to understand for non-programmers. The documentation on this site is more oriented towards the software engineer than to the QA engineer.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization has improved by testing our website on more devices and browsers than we currently have. We were able to test on the newest browsers without installing them on our computers, and test the newest operating systems without updating our mobile devices.

What is most valuable?

They offer a large number of devices and browser/operating system combinations for real device tests. I can eliminate having to find a person with the necessary device or browser who will perform the tests quickly on my desk. It also allows me to use the Selenium script test which eliminates more human error.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice for it to ask for the URL along with browser/operating system I want to try, but not for it to simply ask for a combination. I want to be able to start ten at the same time. I would also like to put a username and password before the test launch instead of entering ten tabs and having to put the same information over and over again.